About Yellow Owl Workshop
Yellow Owl Workshop creates unique gifts, jewelry and stationery. Founded in 2006 by designer Christine Schmidt, our colorful goods can be found at the coolest local you know, art museum stores and large retailers worldwide. Based in San Francisco’s Mission District we are proud to be a small inclusive team committed to quality, eco-friendly products that let the customer express themselves with fun bits to craft, wear and share.
About The Job
Yellow Owl Workshop is seeking an engaging Sales Manager with an entrepreneurial drive, and passion for craftsmanship. Sales Manager will develop overall sales strategy, search out new retail channel possibilities and maintain a one-touch relationship with all accounts and sales reps. This awesome candidate is a self-starter and has analytical capabilities, creative approaches and ability to set and actualize goals to drive B2B and B2C sales growth.
What You'll Do
- Direct all aspects of ecommerce and wholesale sales including sales forecasting, analysis and reporting.
- Directly lead, supervise, and develop independent sales representatives and distributors.
- Establish relationships with key retailers to deliver annual sales and profit targets.
- Identify new sales opportunities to deliver significant growth including emerging retail channels.
- Work with marketing and creative to ensure brand image is consistent with set goals.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop promotions for wholesale, ecommerce and showrooms.
- Budget, forecast and analyze sales, gross profit and all other business expenses.
- Develop global wholesale business development plans and their subsequent communication and implementation.
- Develop strategies with regards to receipts, sales plans, and markdowns and communicate back to specific accounts
- Ensure the consistent delivery of the brand to the accounts and that new business is developed within brand and merchandising parameters.
- Build relationships across the whole business to work as a team.
- Oversee/Direct all events including trade shows, rep trainings, sales meetings and other branded opportunities.
- Work with the Marketing Director to maintain and refresh ecommerce store and direct seasonal offerings and set up promotions.
Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
What You Have
- Knowledge of US and global retail markets
- Knowledge of wholesale business
- Sales cycle management and processes
- Commercial awareness
- 3-5+ years of experience in related role
- Effective management of sales team in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Development and implementation of successful sales strategy
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Motivation and development of a multi-channel sales team
- Growing and developing a brand for market share through appropriate distribution channels
- Experience building and executing strategic plans and marketing initiatives to drive profitable growth
- Knowledge and experience of product category (internal as well as external; competitors)
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and build collaborative internal and external partnerships.
- Strategic thinker who finds creative ways to solve problems and to meet financial goals.
- Proven ability to instill discipline around the selling process and in elevating sales team performance.
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to convert corporate strategy into actionable sales initiatives.
- Ability to negotiate wholesale transactions at a senior level
- Ability to define, communicate and implement sales strategy
Ability to influence at all levels
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- A 401(k) program with a company match
- Vacation time, sick days, and paid holidays
This can be a remote position.
EMAIL WITH COVER LETTER and RESUME with subject line: Sales Manager Jobs@yellowowlworkshop.com
Yellow Owl Workshop is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.